Originally Posted by LAD 524
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
A real good & tight suregrip or locker will still be slipping that inside tire on slick/wet pavement. Never hear anyone complaining about that.
Just about every time someone starts stating these reasons a spool is dangerous, they have zero personal experience w/ them. Hear this crap a lot and when you ask how they know this...so and so told me or they read it on the internet. It's amazing how so many of us who have actually done these things we're commenting about are still here today. laugh2
If you can't drive one of these cars around a corner on wet pavement w/o crashing and blaming it on the differential, then you need to sell it and get a prius.

Winner !! up

My Locker does not slip a tire on turns or wet roads as it unlocks one tire that just goes along for the ride when turning. Of course it locks back up when you straighten out. I have driven in the rain with my locker 3 times when I have got caught in the rain and that on my 30 x 9 slicks. I just took it easy and had no problems. I agree a posi/sure grip may slip a tire that uses a clutch pack but my locker unlocks mechanically as it dont use clutches that need to slip on turns, Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/20/20 09:55 AM.