Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
Originally Posted By 383man
Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
I ran a locker for a few years. It wasn't loud or anything, and it stood up to my abuse. Only thing I didn't like was that it pushed the car left & right when on & off the throttle. Wasn't really a big deal, until I started doing more bracket racing, and suddenly racing the stripe became an adventure when the car wanted to dart around at 115mph when I chopped the throttle.

I went to a spool this past winter, and I really can't figure out why people make a big deal out if it. Knowing what I know now, I'd choose a spool over the locker for a street / strip car. Sure the inside tire chatters on tight slow corners..... big deal.

Its funny as I hear some say that about their Lockers but I have never had that happen with mine. It always stays straight and true on or off the gas in the traps. My exhaust is not real loud but I never hear much of the clicking. But a little electric fuel pump noise dont bother me either and I see alot complain about that also. I grew up with hearing the electric pump when the key was turned on as you knew it was working that way and it is a muscle car/hotrod so a little noise dont phase me any. But honestly I have never felt the side to side pull when on and off the throttle in the traps or anytime for that matter. Guess thats why I like my Detroit Locker so much and dont want to run a spool on the street. Course many have their prefrences and you have to use what you like. Ron

As I'm sure you've noticed, Ron; it seems that everyone with a locker has a different experience. I agree with you that it wasn't a neusance at all on the street as some people describe. I never heard any clicking sounds or anything like that. I would have stuck with it if it wasn't for the L/R pushing thing. Plus I wanted to go to 35-spline axles.

I am sure if I felt mine doing the pushing from side to side I would not like my Locker either. I agree many feel different about them as we can tell just by this thread. You have to go with what you feel good with. up Ron