Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by Warhawk
How about in a light rain, does a spool make the car step out in a turn?

No it doesn't! My first trip to the track w/ a spool installed, it rained on the way home...I drove the car there. I was worried b/c of everything I'd read on the internet about spools, but it didn't act any different at all. That was on normal radial tires.
The tires have everything to do w/ how the car acts in the rain, not the spool. Driving on ET Streets in wet weather isn't a good idea. On normal tires it's no problem.
If you spin out in a curve w/ a spool, your right foot was the problem.

Well us on the keyboards can never be 100 certain what is the "problem" mentioned above, but it is a simple proven fact, there has to be rear tire slippage with a spool in a turn ( unless a tire lifts off the surface when turning), period. Now if on one car, with its unique suspension, its unique tires, its unique tire pressures, its unique weight bias, its unique shocks/settings, and a host of other variables too long to list, when a driver does not experience a potential spin out, I find it hard to state the spools natural turning tire slippage can always then be disregarded.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.