Originally Posted by ek3
I own a painting company... 40 years worth! accuspray is a great gun and the turbine kits will mean no compressor no dryer.... this unit is best known for standing up the flakes in metallic paints evenly . its simple to use . I have 1 unit in service still from the 90's .......it will lay down paint as good as anything made. most hvlp guns don't spray very wide.. this one does.

I’m sure my Croix is the same gun-system, a lot of different names. I also have used mine since the 80s (guns are almost wore out but usable). Imo the most important piece is the adjustable air valve just before the gun. Really nice to fine tune the spray. I have the HVLP guns that use shop air but they always have to much overspray and don’t work as nice as the garden hose one. The best part, you buy a gallon and 98% of the paint goes on the product not as mist in the air. I’ve painted hundreds if not thousands of cabinets and a few cars and never used a paint booth, in fact I painted my race car, pearl yellow (95 RT Stealth) in my house garage and no yellow paint on anything but the car. Nothing on the floor or walls. A little apprehensive at first with over $800 of DePont paint but went on like a dream base, pearl, clear. Same cap and nozzle, took about a hour and that’s cleaning and standing around waiting on the flash from base and pearl.