Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by Little Detroit

imo the original is still the buy on the planet and works the best also , ACCUSPRAY was bought by 3 m. Do not buy the one with plastic throw away nozzel . bought mine in the 90's have e4 of the i use one for clear only and one for base coats , and one for all primers and of course a spare . recieved 3 nozzel , fliud caps and fluid tips wit each gun. but are a pain to clean thoroughly. just the cap .

Why do you caution against getting the version with the disposable nozzle? Just curious as I have looked at that model and at first glance it seems like you eliminate a lot of cleaning.

we use this gun as a shop primer gun.

after about 300 uses the replaceable tips no longer want to stay clipped on the gun. we use a cheap "C" clamp to hold the tip on. i myself don't use it. i use my sharpe cobalt primer gun i have used for 20 years.
also after a couple of uses the tips don't really want to spray / atomize like they used to when new. so you need a new tip. i think the tips are about $3 each. wash thinner is about $5 a GALLON.
yes they clean pretty easy but cleaning a spray gun isn't really that hard. if you ask me the replaceable tips cost much more than the thinner savings on cleaning.

to the OP.
the shopline guns from delvilbiss are OK . they aren't really that bad, but keep in mind they really aren't that good either. they are priced pretty reasonable and they seem to handle abuse pretty good.
as other posted the person holding the spray gun is more important than the gun itself.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 08/17/20 05:15 PM.

perception is 90% of reality