Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
What transmission is in it? Assume its a glide. For 140 the car should be much quicker than it is, easy 9.50's and if everything worked right 9.40's. Which makes that 60' even more horrific. A converter in a glide is a pretty critical part of the equation. I would also want to look at what shocks it has and how that ladder bar is installed. Maybe the car is just fighting itself off the line, but I would be VERY surprised if that converter was even close for the combo.

It does have a glide in the car. I talked to the transmission builder and he said they aren't shifting the car high enough. He said the stall speed is around 6200 rpm behind that engine and they are shifting the car too low and so they are staying in the converter all the way down the track. He said to raise the shift speed to 7200 and let it fly. He also said that they had the two step set too high. He recommended setting the two step at 5300 so the converter will flash at the line. I'll pas the word on to the driver and see what happens.