Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by B3422W5
Soft 60 foot. Car is relatively light. Good MPH
Sounds like
convertor might be knocking 60 foot out of it. Too tight?

Converter could be too tight, I don't really know how to figure that out given the info I have. He has the transbrake set at 5800 which seems like an okay number. Once I see the dyno sheets I'll have a better idea of where the torque curve is but 5800 seems like it should be in the fat part of the curve for a 540 engine. The car doesn't push thru the lights so the converter isn't super tight. I'm not sure where the stall speed is since the car doesn't have a driveshaft speed sensor. I think he shifts the car at 6600 rpm which seems a bit low for a 540 with good parts but once again, I haven't seen dyno sheets so I don't know where the power peak is. He did say the car went faster when he shifted at 6300 so maybe 6600 is a touch too high.

5800? sounds like the converter is way too loose , just from that. If this converter was too loose, it would pick up in the 60" AND MPH.
Get with a good converter company.
My deal is totally different, but my converter goes to 2900-3100 with NO chip or limiter.
What size is the converter and what company??

My buddy has a nova, 3600lbs. With a 565 it goes 9.30's at 142-144. 60' are in the 1.30 range
Heck, my sons car going low 11's 60 in the 1.40's

Almost any change I make to my car...I get the converter looked at and sometimes changed.

Last edited by n20mstr; 08/14/20 07:33 AM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....