I had a incident two weeks ago where I cause my oil pan to hit on the return road at Medford drag strip causing it to leak bad enough to not be able to run it again before having it welded up. It is a older Hamburger SS big block 10 quart pan with a large kick out, it had been repaired before I got it and needed the drag link tube removed before I could use it with the Lee Smith Engr. dual line swinging pickup, which increase the capacity by several more quarts.
I had used one #12 AN Milidon SS hose for one of the pickups and used Fragola fittings and there black lined hose for the other longer pickup hose to go to the front of the Milidon oil pump fitting.
The SS hose is fairly short and not easy to install and get both fittings hooked up, it has worked well until I removed it to fix the pan. After fixing the pan( I put 10 quarts in it) the oil pressure would go up to 60 lbs.(normally goes to 80 lbs. cold with 10W30Wt ZR1 oil in it) and then start to drop down after running for 15 to 20 seconds , it was headed towards to zero so I shut it off and check the high pressure bypass valve and spring to see if it was getting stuck, it wasn't.
The upper SS hose was slowly leaking oil out of it dropping down onto the lower Fragola black hose making me think at first it was leaking oil out of the valve cover gasket but it wasn't. I started the motor up several times more and it would do the same thing after running a short period, I shut it off and it would be fine for 15 to 20 seconds when I ran it again and them start to loose pressure, it finally hit me that the short upper hose would start sucking air into it where it was leaking after it suck all the oil away from the leak so it could suck air easier shock shruggy I must have broke one of the SS wires poking a hole through the lining into the center causing the leak rant whiney
I'll replace that hose with another Fragola hose after I get the fittings I need to make it wrench
I hate Murphy rant
See my last post on this issue for the updates

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/11/20 01:37 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)