Looks good in theory, but in reality, how many would actually do that?

Been a long time since I've dealt with a parts dept for my own stuff, but when I did, I would try to go in with a valid, current part number since I knew it was something outside their norm. One dealership appreciated it, another chewed me a new butthole for 'trying to do their job'. rolleyes

Hate to say it, but the best dealership parts dept I have ever dealt with was the local Toyota dealer. Went in looking for (power) antenna parts for a 4Runner, parts guy asked me a few questions, then told me the part I actually needed and how to fix it. He didn't just take my order and brush me off. Ended up spending a lot less buying the part he recommended, and got it working much easier too..

Same deal with service depts. Recently tried to take the company van (ProMaster) in for repairs, it's REAL obvious what and where the problem is (rear shackle bushings). They wanted a minimum diagnostic time, and they insisted more than likely the entire rear end would have to be dropped out to 'properly' diagnosis it. The van is long out of warranty due to age, but there was a TSB on the problem, and there are a bunch of videos on YouTube regarding the problem. NOTHING shows having to drop the rear to diagnosis it.

Yeah, I'm still driving a broken van. rolleyes

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥