To sum it up, im not up on current dealer practices and I bought the part off ebay from a dealership. I had thought maybe my local guy could sell it to me cheaper because I "Thought" there was some sort of dealer network where if they didnt have the parts it was easy for them to get them, sorta like if one napa didnt have it they could get it from another store, clearly its not like that. My ignorance.

Im not going to dog the dealership as I live in a very rural area, the dealer is in a town of 3k and the guy probably was family or part owner. I got the whole "I tried ebay and couldnt make a dime, some buy these parts by the truckload, ect..." and that was a fine explanation. But I really wasnt expecting the attitude, but hes just human. Ive even bought a new two year old car from his lot.

I still feel that when im spending my money im smart to shop around and ive that right to do so.

At the end of the day he couldnt sell me the part cheaper so I didnt buy from him, now if I NEED a part from his dealership one day I will buy it.

So im learning, and really if id not of thought "buy local" id of saved myself grief.

My rural area of America is about 50 years behind the curve of the rest of society. Thats both good and bad.

Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
I just called two more, they cant even come close. Or wont try.

This dealer is also a ebay seller. GREAT prices vs others. (link below)

https://www.quirkchryslerdodgejeepram.com/

So, yea im still buying from a dealer, a dealer who wants to sell parts.

Im sorry if I feel I have the right to price shop and buy from who gives me the better deal on a equal part.

GRRRR>>>>>>>

Who’s this dealer, make him famous.

STOP POTATO HATE!