I know that there just HAS TO BE several hundred parts stashes tucked away, waiting for the owner to pass away or sell off before they die. I have yet to come across any real valuable stuff but occasionally I do happen across stuff that I can use.
A seasoned member of our local club asked for my help to clear out his back yard canopy. Lots of starters and alternators, slant six stuff, early Valiant body panels, stock torque converters, stuff like that. No Hemi stuff, Dana axles, 8 3/4" SG dropouts, 6 pack intakes or 4 speed stuff. I feel bad throwing out stuff that somebody needs but how long should I store 1960-62 Valiant body parts? Does anyone actually build these cars? The man would be saddened to see them get scrapped, I can't do that to the guy.
In 2013, I brought home 3 loads of a truck and truck bed trailer full of 65 Valiant/Barracuda and 71 Road Runner parts. That stash was a good score.
Recently, a guy that plans to move out of California gave me a call. "Ive got some stuff you might want..."
Yeah. 5 gallon buckets of stock hardware, dead power steering pumps and pushrods! I did pay him for a 8 3/4" axle and a 340 intake though.