Moparts

Any good parts finds these days?

Posted By: chargervert

Any good parts finds these days? - 08/03/20 06:18 PM

Last Saturday I was looking at the local Craigslist auto parts section, and a guy who often advertises a lot of 68 to 70 B body Mopar parts put up a new ad. The ad had about 10 photos, most of what he lists are for Coronet and Road Runner parts. I saw in the background of one of the pictures, what appeared to be a 70 Charger right front fender. So I gave him a call, and sure enough, it was a 70 Charger right front fender! These are getting very hard to come by these days, so I said I would be there in about 40 minutes. I got there and the fender was 95% solid and straight, with no filler on it. I paid a bit more than I wanted to for it,but some times you have to pay for a good part! Anyone else find some hard to find parts,or good parts scores lately?

Attached picture 20200801_170751.jpg
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/03/20 06:37 PM

Nice charger fender!Havnt found any but been selling a lot of parts..Did pick up a cool 29 bentley supercharged diecast car on a ashtray built by Lesney in England, 5 bucks couldn't beat it!
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 12:22 AM

Another forum but someone here could do something like this if they had the time.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/some-parts-finds.172482/
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 12:25 AM

I beez hopin that some Puttsylvania apimp will sell off TWO of those SuperBird wings that I could use on my Scatty and the Carrotvan.... please !!
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 12:36 AM

Part sales seem to be down but I've been given some cool stuff lately. A lot of cars coming for sale lately I'm in the market for a 70 Cuda. punkrocka
Posted By: Neil

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 01:35 AM

Been a few normally hard to find parts pop up on CL, but so far the # of cars for sale on there this year seems down.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 04:24 AM

Yeah, a little over a month ago I got a call from an old friend...extremely low mile '68 340 (kind of gunked up from improper assembly lube, but...), rusty 340 exhaust manifolds, less rusty (but still rusty) '69 B-body big block HP manifolds, and a few other odds and ends with some of it being absolute junk.

More than several years ago same guy's younger brother called me with some parts to get rid of, including a '66 Hemi four speed, rim blow steering wheel, '58 325 hemi industrial heads, and some other cool stuff.

Also got some cool stuff from another guy. I'm working on his '73 340 'cuda and he had some "extra" stuff lying around...
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 12:39 PM

[quote=Nobel Crusader]I beez hopin that some Puttsylvania apimp will sell off TWO of those SuperBird wings that I could use on my Scatty and the Carrotvan.... please !!

Sorry pAL,one gOOse HeAr !! beer

Attached picture Fairfield_zps455e9c40.jpg
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 12:46 PM

Picked up a really clean left fender for my 82 F250. $75.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/04/20 04:44 PM

I found a pair of 70 HP exhaust on crailist the other day for $200. I thought that was a good price. It goes with the 70 u code Cuda I bought last year as a project. Rust free Texas car that belonged to bud since 1978 and parked since 1980.

Attached picture 5C512149-3F31-4BD4-9706-C20F7E55442A.jpeg
Posted By: FC7cuda

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/05/20 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by chargervert
Last Saturday I was looking at the local Craigslist auto parts section, and a guy who often advertises a lot of 68 to 70 B body Mopar parts put up a new ad. The ad had about 10 photos, most of what he lists are for Coronet and Road Runner parts. I saw in the background of one of the pictures, what appeared to be a 70 Charger right front fender. So I gave him a call, and sure enough, it was a 70 Charger right front fender! These are getting very hard to come by these days, so I said I would be there in about 40 minutes. I got there and the fender was 95% solid and straight, with no filler on it. I paid a bit more than I wanted to for it,but some times you have to pay for a good part! Anyone else find some hard to find parts,or good parts scores lately?

What is the range currently for 1970 Charger fenders? Hood?

Looking to possibly pick up some crash parts. Thanks
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/06/20 12:05 AM

These days, 70 Charger fenders are in the $500,to $750 range and hoods are in the $300 to $600 range. There are people who are asking more than that for them, but I don't actually see them selling for more. Years ago I could buy a usable 70 fender in the $150 to $250 range,then about ten years ago, they crept up to the $250 to $350 range, nowadays they are in the $500 to $750 range as I said before. I have seen people asking crazy money, including a guy on Dodge Charger. com who was asking $3900 for one,and it wasn't even an NOS part! That one will be in his estate sale! Some people think that because the fenders are not being reproduced, that the original fenders that they have are made of gold . I was able to get AMD to make front valance pans for 70 Chargers, I loaned them my NOS front valance pan to template it from,so atleast we have those parts available. They fit good too!
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/06/20 05:16 PM

I had a Mopar buddy who sells parts, come over last night to see what was worthwhile for him to re-sell. There are a few things I have that just aren't of value now since so many body parts are available. I have some 70 Challenger front fenders with enough rust areas to make the labor pointless, deck lid. other things. Just going to throw a lot of stuff out now.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/06/20 08:06 PM

Not sure I can call these a "find" or not... they represent a considerable investment, time, and labor. Finding the right vendor enters into that equation as well. By the time I'm done I will have more $$$ invested in these grilles, headlight bezels and the header panel than I have paid for some entire CARS in the past. This is to turn my '68 back into a '68 again. It had a modified '69 header panel and '69 grilles on it when I bought it. IN spite of all the bucks spent, I'm happy with how they are turning out. up

Attached picture 116687294_10217653670795983_6489781034392092910_n.jpg

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/07/20 04:02 AM

Just got a call today from a buddy of mine. He's gonna sell a bunch of parts, including a Bird wing and headlight assemblies, 2 NOS 73-74 340/360 left side A-body exhaust manifolds, and I'm not sure what else. I'll be heading out to his place in the next few days to see what's there.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/07/20 04:05 AM

Are you guys finding just good parts, but the good $$$ deal side of it also?

Ive some multi carb stuff im thinking of getting rid of but are things bringing decent money?
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/07/20 05:12 PM

We just sold a Chrysler dome light and housing for 19.00 helps out with the bills.lol!
Posted By: chargerbr549

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/07/20 05:20 PM

Picked up an 8 3/4 3.91 power lok suregrip at the local pic a part a while back paid just shy of $100.
Posted By: Devil

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/07/20 06:45 PM

I found this in the trash near my house last week.

[Linked Image]

And a friend just pulled a few months ago, three 1969 and a 1968 Dodge Charger out of a marshy area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/07/20 07:06 PM

Nice cabinet Devil, and comes with a key!
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 01:53 AM

nothing for the car, but I got a Bird Bath hood for the truck and an '80s tailgate for free. Just had to drive an hour and 15 minutes to get them. Rust free, hood is at the painters and I had the tail gate sold the next day for $115.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 02:33 AM

Bought this last weekend. Cheap and close, rolls over at least.

Attached picture New parts car.jpg

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Are you guys finding just good parts, but the good $$$ deal side of it also?

Ive some multi carb stuff im thinking of getting rid of but are things bringing decent money?

I've found lately that many of the guys letting parts go have no idea what they're worth. My buddy that I bought the Barracuda convertible from (for a song in 2006) has finally caught on to what some of these parts will sell for. He gave me a bunch of parts with the car, but has recently been selling a lot of his spares. He's astonished every time.

People will open their wallets right now and a lot of this stuff has never been for sale. The '68 340 that I picked up a couple of months ago has not been available for sale since I almost bought it in 1979. Hasn't run since before 1970, possibly 1968. If only we had some swap meets on the west coast...
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 04:00 AM

Ive noticed ebay has hit a wall in that there seems to not be any good deals or at times parts. AND weather its a part for a pinto, granada, duster, ect... its all high dollar now.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 04:26 AM

I know that there just HAS TO BE several hundred parts stashes tucked away, waiting for the owner to pass away or sell off before they die. I have yet to come across any real valuable stuff but occasionally I do happen across stuff that I can use.
A seasoned member of our local club asked for my help to clear out his back yard canopy. Lots of starters and alternators, slant six stuff, early Valiant body panels, stock torque converters, stuff like that. No Hemi stuff, Dana axles, 8 3/4" SG dropouts, 6 pack intakes or 4 speed stuff. I feel bad throwing out stuff that somebody needs but how long should I store 1960-62 Valiant body parts? Does anyone actually build these cars? The man would be saddened to see them get scrapped, I can't do that to the guy.
In 2013, I brought home 3 loads of a truck and truck bed trailer full of 65 Valiant/Barracuda and 71 Road Runner parts. That stash was a good score.
Recently, a guy that plans to move out of California gave me a call. "Ive got some stuff you might want..."
Yeah. 5 gallon buckets of stock hardware, dead power steering pumps and pushrods! I did pay him for a 8 3/4" axle and a 340 intake though.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 04:57 AM

There are guys who have hoarded lots of stuff away for decades. I think there is an illusion that Mopar parts are scarce, but I think many of the parts still do exist only they are in the hands of a small number of people.

Here are the assumptions I have made after talking to a few of these hoarder type people in person:

Many think they will use it all someday. Nobody really needs seven core 440 engines if they were honest.
Some do it with the sole purpose to make money reselling it later. Usually the prices are so high they get stuck with it.
Some just like holding onto it as they like having the stuff around even though they really don't need it. It's a I found it first and you didn't story that they like to tell everyone.
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/08/20 06:42 AM

One day I'd like to have some parts to hang on the wall as "Shop art".
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Any good parts finds these days? - 08/09/20 01:09 AM

Found a set of original Hemi exhaust manifolds for a decent price.
© 2024 Moparts Forums