What incentive does the dealer have to make a 4 hour round trip (not including the time they actually spend with you while you look at the car), just to hope that you buy it?

Because id send him $500 non refundable deposit straight away, im not tire kicken , I can show him ive the cash in the bank to wire to him or however he wants it, but my bank is 150 miles away so a wire trans would be best.

If the car is as he says it is by the questions I asked, he says everything works as it should, no odd noises, drives straight, stops straight, struts are good. If thats true, Its a sold car, pic up phone call bank.

Im not disillusioned thats its a 5 year old car with 85k miles. The tires are fair, and told him I dont care if it would need brakes/rotors, ect soon.

SOME if it is, its a hot two hour drive to me, the car should make it here and should have no issues when it does.

I hate to say it, I live in a cash world, I could put min. down and if it takes a dump in the first 30 days, say there ya go, but thats not me.

If he would not of forcefully said, when the paperwork is signed it is yours, if it blows up 100 feet out the lots its yours.

The crazy part is, when I find a meh type car I want its as simple as it gets, I find something I really want and things get hard.

I hate to say it and this is where my dick attitude bites me, but if I got to jump through hoops to go see him, im gonna find a reason to get a oil change/trans service or new tires and have cash in ahnd and offer 1k less.

I know he dont know me but if he wants his 8k plus, he should be making plans to dive a bit. I know the world dont revolve around me and ive screwed myself many times like this but other times its worked.

If im gonna have to pay someone 100-200 bucks to drive me there im not gonna be as an enthusiastic buyer.

I did ask, how much to get it here, he said, my guys would probably do it for 4-500, huh?

He got the car from one of the huge ford dealerships as it was a trade in, im sure I can find out what he paid and im also tempted to call this dealership and ask them if they could help ( remember this is out in the country, people do like to help people and they do) also my wife is high risk and so am I for this vurus, not un normal but my wifes not left the farm but twice since March.

I know some say, why does he have to do this for you? Well I ask, as the customer with 8500 to spend does he want to put in a extra bit of work.

I looked at other cars, a recall VW and it had a warranty, priced right, but at the last minute he sent the pics of the hail damage on each panel.

I could say, I will come buy it if we can take it to the mopar dealer and have them inspect it, on his dime.

If they still made new ones id just go buy a new one.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Mr. Potatohead; 07/26/20 11:33 AM.

STOP POTATO HATE!