Originally Posted by Grizzly
lol, who buys a used car from a Stealership these days?

That 9k car is 4k on Craigslist all day long.

I've had nothing but good luck and will continue to support some poor Sap that got hosed by a dealer and is taking their losses and dumping their ride.

Know what you want, research the car, and wait for the right deal to come up. It used to take forever with the print Pennysaver ads, but in this day and age it takes a few weeks to get what you want.

This right here. Buy from a private party is my mantra. The 20% plus you save can be your own private warranty, which is better than darn near any offered by a private used car lot.

If you do social media or can reach out over the 'farm country network' and get someone to do a look-see, or even a walk around with a video camera, you might be able to put your mid to rest, but it sounds like you want concierge service for a mid to low end car, and that is not likely. I understand WHY you want it, but the store isn't going to be burning up the profits built into this to meet your demands.

I recently got a truck after months of looking. I even found one hundreds of miles away and tried to figure out how to get myself out there and back.
Greyhound was under a hundred bucks but it was a 12 hour ride one way! eek
Uhaul would not rent a dolly to haul back my compact car with the 1/2 ton truck I was considering, They wanted me to rent one of their big ol' POS box trucks. tsk
So I get your requirements. I really do! BTW, I ended up getting the truck 2.5 hours away and had to drive it back home, go back down the next day with it and my trailer to pick up my car and tow it home.
They are looking at 2 employees and a car for a good part of a day. I doubt most lots have 2 employees they can spare that long on hand. You might get creative and see if there is a gig job place that could do the delivery, but then you have to get the dealer to go along with this AND pay those drivers.

I'd say your admitted tough-mindedness is telling you to keep looking. You know the difficulty of finding the needle, but there ARE needles out there.

I remember talking to the late, great Mr, Juliano
He asked his wife what car tickled her fancy. She liked the Acura NSXs. She also wanted an auto (needle in a haystack) and liked Orange. He did some research and found out there had been 1 (ONE) Orange, auto NSX built. He told this story while we were standing outside his storage place, looking at THAT car, her car.

You want THAT particular car? Go out of your way to track THAT car down. 1300 examples means there are enough that you can find one that YOU want. Post to everywhere you can think of and someone will reach out to you.

Last edited by RodStRace; 07/26/20 10:33 PM.