"Dog broke leash, correct. Should have had a newer leash, stronger leash, better leash, whatever. laugh2If they want to go after the leash manufacturer later, fine. It is NOT up to the vehicle owner to do so, if indeed the dog owner want's to make that claim! Hey, maybe the driver can go on SSI now for PTSD. I agree, the range of options are nearly unlimited.

And law does not require vehicle operator to slow down when someone is walking their dog. I did state that, Right? And while it would've been great I would use the word prudent if the driver had anticipated the breaking of the leash If they only had thought that that, it would IMO show a real lack of imagination, ,my suggestions anticipated a much wider selection of possibilities , and slowed down just in case, he was certainly under no legal or moral obligation. So an easy solution, but accept no responsibility for taking that extra caution, which dovetails IMO nicely with your next comment My God, when will people take responsibility?! It would be different if children were playing in the street, you mean its perfectly logical and predictable how kids clear the street when a car approaches? for example. It seems nobody can take responsibility anymore. It's always the fault of someone or something else. Always. This is why we have so many attorneys in America and our premiums continue to rise." So juries made up of simple minded easily swayed people have no part in this then?
eek

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.