Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
Originally Posted by Mr T2U
with a child technically the parents of the child because they are responsible for the control of the child. it can get complicated if it's at or near a intersection, because in a lot of states pedestrians have the right of way over cars. it can also complicate things because a child is injured so a lot of car owners step up and take care of things.

wild animals are covered thru comprehensive insurance because you can't bill mother nature for damages. no comp ins you are up the creek without a paddle.

Pedestrians have the right of way While in a Cross walk not anywhere on the street, "Owned" animals and their actions are the responsibility of the owners, These are Laws not opinion or conjecture. If a Owned animal (Dog/Cat/Cow/Horse) gets hit by a vehicle while on a public thoroughfare, it is the drivers responsibility to report it (police/owners), and any damages incurred are the responsibility of the "Owner"
Wild critters are an act of God...

I get that it's the law, it just seems to be a double standard only because the animal is owned. If it was allowed to run free I get that also but the dog was leashed. Stuff happens, things break, you get the picture. Animals can be unpredictable whether they are owned or not. Nature of the beast.

Last edited by Guitar Jones; 07/25/20 12:17 PM.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.