Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by fastmark
Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass..
[quote=fastmark]If your house has not been renovated in that many years, it would be in your interest to let him in and see the original dated items. I invited mine in and he lowered the value. Just wear a mask when they show up and have your wife coughing in the middle of the house. Be nice and they will leave quickly.

THATS a good one ! .. many of those assessors are ASSES ....

Their job is to REVENUE ENHANCE for the government....

And I have not heard of ONE OF THEM that is truly responsible for their actions.

I actually have good relationships with the tax people. None of them have been asses to me. Maybe because I’m not an ass to them. That’s a novel thought I bet you may not have even thought of, Doc. I talk to them every year about my property values, make my case and usually get better taxes. It’s better to deal with an individual who likes you than the appraisal revue board that is hard to deal with five people.

I guess then that settles it.

I personally try not to let my own experiences be the single foundation of the way I see the entire world, and one of things I have learned here, that view is not widely shared. work grin

Unless it’s people who don’t read books... then they all are uneducated, right?

Only a stupid and/or uneducated person would believe that distorted likely intentionally misconstrued statement, meaning to me, it hit a nerve, and book reading is not your forte, am I correct? laugh2

BTW, I'm currently reading "Too Much, and Never Enough", knowledge is tough to outsmart.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.