That kind of goes with what I had thought about maybe many of those guys. Thought some had already developed a rep doing their own racing or building and the old 'friend of a friend' thing comes up and that's how they get connected to a team or the Mopar race program. I think that's how Carlton got involved wasn't it? Just by word of mouth or a known reputation? For me anyway, I see some of the stuff those guys were doing and what those cars became tech wise and just thought they didn't come from ordinary everyday automotive work tuning up Ramblers at the local garage, lol. I don't think you get involved or even invited to be involved with a rpogram like that without some pretty in depth pre-experience and maybe a hefty rep of your own to boot. Just like Jenkins, he wasn't your avergage mechanic himself, with a mechanical engineering degree from I believe Cornell Univ to top it off. Just curious as to the backgrounds of some of the guys I mentioned and how they got involved with the Mopar program in the first place. I had noticed in a good number of the aforementioned articles I have collected over the years, that Spehar for example seems like he was everywhere, built the motor on this car, transmission of that one, whole car on another. Looks like he was an all around race car guy with knowledge of just about every facet of the car, and maybe alot of those guys were like that as well.