Originally Posted by Diego (not Ted)
My lease is up in a month. I have the opportunity to add 6 months due to the virus, which is an attractive proposition, but I am unsure what the market is going to be like then compared to now. Nonetheless, there are a few hit-and-run blemishes I need to take care of before I return the car.

Is it worth getting the fixes at a shop sanctioned by the dealership? Or should I shop around for what I feel is my best proposition?

I have a hunch that if I get it fixed by the former, there will be less of an chance of making an issue out of little things, while the latter may give me a better opportunity to find a better price for the same quality of work.....?

Thank you!

They should have sent you a turn in guide weeks-months ago. In 2016 you could have one blemish no greater than the size of a credit card on every body panel. They sent a clear credit card. Make sure you have the third party inspect it. The guy told me 45 minutes max and two hours later he was done. He congratulated me and said it was the first time in in a couple of years he found no chargeable damage. The Jeep had been down 600 miles of logging road and had a ton of small blemishes from stones.
Theoretically you could ding every body panel with a ball peen hammer and be fine.

I wouldn’t fix a thing until you read the guide.
TY
K