Originally Posted by SportFuryS/23383
Originally Posted by mattsmopars
Basically finished with the Dana 60 rebuild, hopefully using a 4 wheel disc brake setup to help slow things down.
Matt

Really looking great Matt, and you are moving right along. I can't wait to see more come together. I hope you are not using the chrome cover on the rearend, the purists will not be happy with you. In my opinion, I think it looks awesome, and I think you should keep it unless you are going for a concours resto.

LOL, Yes I am using the chrome cover! Not much looks better than a dana 60 with a chrome cover on it, it was between the chrome cover and a cast aluminum one I have. The cast aluminum one was taller and I worried it might interfere with fuel tank. Nothing that can not easily be changed back to stock if need be. Same thing for the brakes, I have kept all the original parts, but for safety and drivability purposes I am going with a dual reservoir master cylinder and 4 wheel disc brakes to slow the car hopefully better than the 4 wheel drums. Again nothing that can not be easily changed back to stock if need be. I enjoy driving my cars vs looking at them!
Matt