Originally Posted by viperblue72
I am baffled by camshaft theory at this point. The general consensus is a wider lsa will give you more low end. Less camshaft will give you better low end. These theories are false in this case. I went from
230@050 to 243@050 and from
112lsa to 108lsa and I have more power even down low. 🤔
I’m now much less fearful of choosing too big of a camshaft.
And I may never install a wide lsa camshaft again in a typical
Street/strip combo like this again.

I learn that lesson long ago about LSA on BB Mopars, tighter, closer together, makes more bottom end and quicker 60 ft. times up SB like them tighter than BB do also up
The first time I heard about lobe separation angles and their affect on motor performance was in the mid 1960s, the thoughts where then that wider help the top end RPM power and hurt the bottom end so you would use the wider lobes in a stick shift car and closer LSA on the automatic cars shruggy
When I got into the details much later I found out that the tighter LSA help on both types of motors, stick shift and automatics shock work up
Theory is one thing, at the track and actual driving is another that may or may not agree with the theories work whistling grin
Test, test and test some more until you outrun the speed of light wrench devilbiggrin

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 05/25/20 03:39 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)