Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I have a fairly mild solid roller Crane cam, 246/246 @ .050 with .3294 lobe lift, .527 lift with a 1.6 rocker that would fit my needs but I don't want to buy adjustable rockers and solid rollers. I have the bronze drive gear so that isn't a problem.

Dude, what are you thinking shock tsk
Buy the good rocker arms and solid lifters or have that cam reground to hydraulic lifter specs twocents
You know Murphy loves you, don't you whistling haha
BTW, what is mild today was wild several years ago work
I built one 426 hemi motor for a customer with hydraulic roller lifters and cam in it, never again tsk twocents
AKA aside, buy the good parts and enjoy using the motor up Don't skimp tsk

There's two problems with that. The available hydro cams all have too much lift for the other spec's I want. Namely duration in the mid 30's to 40's range and a tight LSA 107-109.
Secondly I already have the lifters
Thirdly OK, there's more than two problems, I need this thing back together and running so a custom grind is out of the question and
lastly, adjustable rockers and solid lifters are expensive. So I'm trying to make do with what I have. This is not a race car, it's my mountain truck. It has a ton of gear and a stick trans so I'm looking to work the engine at 3000-6000.

You can get adjustable iron rockers pretty cheap. For $150 or less you can get a set that would work for you................

You really need adjustable rockers even with a hydraulic roller cam in my experience - at least with the hyd roller I have.

67 Coronet 500 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
67 Coronet 500 (street car) 14.82 @ 94 mph
69 GTX (clone) - build in progress......