Originally Posted by cdp
I have a 69 SE charger, H-Code, 383-330 horse, and its turquoise. AC/Automatic. It also came with a small round, unsilenced air cleaner, with a red 383-4-barrel pie tin. As opposed to the orange 383 motor with a 383 Magnum pie tin.

When you bought a Roadrunner/Super Bee/Charger, etc. and opted for a 383, auto, and air conditioning, you received a 330 horse version of the motor, rather than the 335 horse "HP" version. Subtle differences, was carb, and I think they still used the 2v cam on the 4-barrel 330 horse. But maybe someone can clarify that? I do know the original heads had red springs.

When rebuilding the motor, I kept it standard bore and the pistons come up .005 above deck.

Of course there is another 383 330 horsepower engine that went into the 69 A-Bodies that is orange with a 14" unsilenced air cleaner with a red 383 4-barrel pie tin, but really had no bearing in this thread, I just love to throw it out there... laugh2

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!