Originally Posted by jcc
If all out weight savings was the goal with off the shelf TI stuff, wouldn't Ti rods be good candidate, bang for the buck? HP and lbs?

They did make titanium rods and still do. They are very cost prohibitive and have to be replaced at fairly short intervals, more than aluminum rods actually. They came about when pro stock did not have a weight limit on the reciprocating assemblies. Now they have a minimum weight rule so everyone is using a steel rod these days. GRP will still make you a titanium rod but given the short life span they are cost prohibitive. It aint like buying some bolts for a couple hundred dollars, we are talking thousands more.

Tony is 100% correct. Weight savings are found EVERYWHERE. Even if you cannot afford titanium fasteners id be willing to bet almost everyone here has more bolt in many places than they need. You would be surprised how much weight you can get out of a car just removing the unneeded length of bolt on your car. Not to mention things like aluminum bolts for areas with no load, like holding your front fenders on.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"