Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Well it was not the only changes made to the Stratus as I went to a Weld Delta as well so the car lost 22 total pounds. On the Vette who knows either as the changes were made in the off season and engine is refined every year as well, we did make our best run ever at the very first race, second pass but the new headers and engine changes were likely most of that..

On our dragster again I will have no idea. It has a totally new engine combo which I had to buy used and freshen with some changes. I could not get a block so had to do something. It has lost about 45lbs total off of it but has an engine with a TON more torque but not a lot more HP. But again it was a low 7 second car so who knows what will show up on the slip. Someday we might get to find out but not looking like it will be in 2020

When you are running low 7's like my car does a few pounds here or there really don't show much change at all. But a few pounds here and a few pounds there ad up to a fair amount and that was the goal on my car. As for the Vette we are still trying to get down to minimum weight for the class with it. SO anything we can do is a plus, but again the engine, trans and gearing get refined all the time. For this year the heads went back for more work, namely a larger intake valve. Which could only happen by moving the exhaust valve over. Also the exhaust port got some refinements as well. The Proflight also has an entirely new set up for this year, new pump and gearing. If we ever get to run this year we will see how it goes. But could not tell you what will happen. We expect more power from the engine and the gearing and pump changes should help realize the power we have better, but all speculation til we run the car. Shedding pounds this year with a liter weight driving suit, that's almost 8lbs lighter.

WHAT most fail to realize is....ounces add up to lbs, lbs add up to hundreds of lbs. Of course the TI wheel studs don't effect the ET, BUT when you add up all the savings, then it effects the ET. Cars get light a little at a time, every thing you take off the car eventually makes it faster/quicker. Its a mindset towards the goal....LOL

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....