Originally Posted by cudaboy340
Originally Posted by vinnyd76
As some professional sports start back up without fans in attendance, it would be interesting to hear how the fairgrounds staff is planning to control social distancing protocols within the grounds.

Put aside the swap meet and car corral areas for a minute (but a major issue), what type of safety measures are being put in place for areas where there would typically be a large gathering of people in a small amount of space (concession stands, bathrooms, stands near the stage, information building, seminar tent area, car buildings)? I would assume the fairgrounds now has dedicated entrances and exits to promote social distancing.

If the event takes place this year, it will be interesting to see how far in advance guidelines/map are posted to prepare attendees.

Other questions that I’m thinking of are following:

Will camping be allowed on the property?

Will they rearrange the layout of the swap meet / show fields spots? Will the aisles have one way flow?

If Dodge continues with the thrill rides, will it be limited to a driver and one customer in the back seat (with sanitizing in between rides)?

We are looking at ALL of the points addressed above and then some. Yes, we are planning to implement measures. Right now, we still have 2 shows scheduled ahead of Chrysler so we are looking at a "worst case scenario" for those shows. Meaning, social distancing, extra sanitation, "sneeze guards" in Guest Services, etc. Hopefully we can lighten those measures as the season progresses.

We have prepared a 44-page document with our plan of how we can hold our events and do it SAFELY for everyone. We're on it!!

Right now, the numbers in Cumberland County are improving so that's a really good sign! Our staff is still working every day. Most are working from home but I choose to come to the office every day. The swap meet numbers are still UP over last year (year-to-date) and last year we completely sold out of every single space. Showfield numbers are down a little (less than 10%) but I think that's because a lot of people are waiting to register. I understand and that's fine. ALL of my special guests are still planning to attend.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than we absolutely want to have the shows (all of them) and that's what we are planning for. Now it's up to the government officials and how the disease numbers go over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!!

Ed

Ed,

Thank you for the quick response! I always look forward to the event each year.