Friend of mine installed a new name brand hydraulic cam and lifter set in his SB. Here are two lifters. One was obviously not rotating but one was. The others look good. This guy is no dunce and knows how to install and break in a FT cam. I have my idea of what went wrong but I could be out in left field. So before he wastes his time and money to send this back to the manufacturer just to have them tell him to pound sand I would like some second opinions. This is not the first cam to be installed in this engine either. There was no problems with the original cam or the second cam, he just wanted something bigger.
So before you ask, he used the supplied cam lube and even bought and used extra. He added Lucas ZDDP break in additive as well as 5W30 semi syn oil.
Forgot to say, this happened during the break in cycle, no miles were put on this cam.

IMG_20200511_172018.jpg
Last edited by Guitar Jones; 05/21/20 03:16 PM.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.