Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by Mopar493
[quote=lewtot184][quote=Mopar493][quote=lewtot184][quote=Mopar493][quote=lewtot184]

Your tune up is rich everywhere. I agree with the above about using manifold vacuum rather that ported vacuum for what you are doing. You don’t have nearly enough cam to require manifold vacuum at idle. That’s straight crazy.

If the distributor is curved correctly you don’t need (or want) full manifold vacuum adding timing at idle. Did FBO send you a sheet documenting the curve used, or did he just slam something together and send it out the door?

Either way, no way am I using manifold vacuum on the vacuum can for what you have. Second, you need at least 1 range hotter plug and you need to take some fuel away everywhere.

Thanks for your answer! I will lean the carb, it looks pretty rich. I did go down from Ngk 7 to Ngk 6, its Ngk 6 in this pic but its to cold too? Right now i dont any vacuum advance at all, im running a Msd pro billet, i wanted to run the FBO distributor but its not working as adverticed, he sent with a cheat how i need to install it, 16 initial, full manifold vacuum bring it up to 30 at idle at 15hg/inch and full mechanical 34 at 3200rpm but like i say its not working properly, the vacuum canister not advance anything and i have 18hg/inch at idle, something is wrong with it, the engine not running good with the FBO distributor with or without vacuum connected so i put the pro billet in instead.

20200509_125631.jpg