Originally Posted by lewtot184
Originally Posted by Mopar493
Originally Posted by lewtot184
[quote=Mopar493][quote=lewtot184]

Ok thanks! I will try it, im not loosing any oil that i can see on the dipstick so it would be surpricing if there is any on the plugs. I get the engine started today with the FBO distributor but the engine running no good with it, its blueprinted with 15 degrees vacuum advance at 15 hg/inch, i have 17 hg at idle but there was no advance at all so something is wrong with it. The engine go worse when i disconnected the vacuum hose but it not show any advance from vacuum when i check with timing light, i installed it at 16 degrees and with the light it shows 16, anyway somethings not right with it so i switched back to the msd pro billet.
there shouldn't be any advance at idle when using the timed port. manifold vacuum should pull it in but i'm afraid that may be too much. difficult to diagnose not knowing how the distributor was put together. as far as the carb idle mixture goes; carter says to adjust the mixture screws to the best idle/vacuum and then turn them in until the engine looses 25-50rpm. sometimes this works ok and sometimes not.

Thanks i will try to adjust the carb. The Fbo distributor is a blueprinted original Mopar distributor with restricted mechanical advance 18 degress and restricted vacuum advance 14 degress that should start to pull vacuum at 15 hg/inch, it came with msd conversion cable. I connected the vacuum to manifold vacuum but nothing. I tried to adjust the canister but it is locked in some way, so the distributor not working as adverticed