Originally Posted by lewtot184
Originally Posted by Mopar493
Originally Posted by lewtot184
I think your going in the right direction with a little warmer plug with a projected tip. the dry carbon is a rich condition. when you install the vacuum advance it will help clean-up the cruise a/f mix some. what carb/manifold and jetting are you using? you might take a magic marker and draw a line on the length of the plug where the clean spot on the rim of the plug is. try to see if that line lines up with the intake valve location.

Hi, im using a Edelbrock avs2 800cfm, primary jet 104 and secondary 104, i go one step leaner with the needle from factory. Ok and whats the case if that clean spot line up with the intake valve?
the clean spot is probably the intake wash. if you can take your finger and wipe it off clean then there may be some oil (the detergency in the oil will clean the rim up). if it's dry or gummy then it's the gas. it's just a simple check. I think your ok but sometimes you can't look at enough stuff. I wouldn't change that primary jet. maybe one step leaner on the cruise side of the metering rod, or perhaps the best thing to do is nothing until you've tried the vacuum advance out.

Ok thanks! I will try it, im not loosing any oil that i can see on the dipstick so it would be surpricing if there is any on the plugs. I get the engine started today with the FBO distributor but the engine running no good with it, its blueprinted with 15 degrees vacuum advance at 15 hg/inch, i have 17 hg at idle but there was no advance at all so something is wrong with it. The engine go worse when i disconnected the vacuum hose but it not show any advance from vacuum when i check with timing light, i installed it at 16 degrees and with the light it shows 16, anyway somethings not right with it so i switched back to the msd pro billet.

Last edited by Mopar493; 05/09/20 12:27 PM.