the only thing i can add, is that by applying 12 volts at the timer wire, i have had the tractor running, so that "should" indicate the fuel solenoid is not being shut off.

Right. That's why I was saying there are several functions going on through these switches and controls. The diesel only needs two functions to happen for it to start. Crank and fuel. One part of this system will shut off fuel if the parameters are not met and the other wont allow it to crank unless its parameters are met. In your case fuel is met and crank is not. Making it crank by applying 12 volts to the Orange with a white tracer was bypassing the safety switches. A hack will by pass the system and then allow it to become a death machine. Here is a story for you. Years back a friend had a 64 Plymouth Belvedere automatic with a healthy 440. I was in his garage and he started the car and it lurched forward as he quickly shifted it to neutral. I asked him what that was all about and he said he never wired in the neutral safety switch. I said man you need to fix that. He laughed. Story ends when I saw him months later and he tells me he was working on it and needed to bump the motor over. Well it fired off in gear and took the work bench out as it smashed it into the wall. Good thing he was hanging over the fender and not in front. Point is try to fix the tractor right.

Last edited by NITROUSN; 05/06/20 11:15 AM.