Streetable? now not so much, however when i first put the Indy block it was very streetable. It had 440-1 ported at Modern Cyl Head. A .660/.670 roller cam (Scott Brown) that was pretty mild and didnt use killer springs. I was 4.15 X 4.375 , 499" and the fastest it went was 8.40 @ 160, Back then i was leaving on a plate with a .070 nitrous jet and progressing a .032 direct port on top of that. The car was 3500lbs back then, full interior all glass windows, wipers , radio etc

Like i said, biggest thing is ring seal with a nitrous motor and you need to get someone to hone the block that knows this.

Dont know where you buying the heads, I like the 440-1 but consider getting the chambers softened and yea i know no one wants to spray a lot of nitrous, but it happens LOL , that said the cam will be critical in how timing sensitive you are at higher levels of nitrous. I would have BES do your headwork, and Scott Brown make your cam. Just remember on this combination that you may eventually end up single digit timing, especially if you dont get the chambers softened. My current cam opens the exh way early, obviously hurts NA power but helps a lot when using a lot of nitrous.

Consider getting your plate? flowed, Not sure what your using right now, but for years i resisted doing this, but finally did it and it was a great help. PKRE, or Induction solutions, Induction solutions sells some nice plates, the Holey Moley is pretty similar to a NX single entry crossbar (thats what im using) Get a plate that goes to 600+ because you can always dial it back to 2-300? THat and get a decent progressive, Edelbrock is good entry level, but there are a lot of choices out there.

Pay attention to SLR, dont know what rear gear you have but beleive me , you dont want to use a 727 with a 2.45? first gear and 3.90 rear, It will make it hard to hook, and it will want to knock the tires or stand up if it hooks, YOu want a SLR somewhere 7.50 or less, the more power the less SLR. RIght now i am at 6.068 thats 1.48X4.10. SOmething to remeber and experiment with. Make sure your trans can leave in 2nd and then myou can have 1.45? and 4.30 or 4.56. Unfortunately its a trial and error thing, and you be surprised the more you get to 1,000 and over , the less SLR you need

ANy other questions let me know

Last edited by n20mstr; 04/25/20 10:35 AM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....