Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by GY3
I'm at the limits of the stock 440 block now and would like to spray a lot more than the 200 shot that we are using now and at the same time make a little more HP n/a.

At the same time I will be upgrading heads as well to support the larger cubic inches.

What are the pros and cons of aluminum vs. iron on the street other than the obvious weight differential?

Yes the alum moves around a lot more and yes the iron makes more power......BUT when you look at repairability and the fact that you can LOSE 100+ (aluminum) rather than gain 100 (Iron) . And the fact that Indy Cyl Head has a great owner now, I would buy the Indy Maxx. Ive had one for well over ten years now and its still going strong. Makes over 900 NA and takes 400+ nitrous and sill has great pan vacum. MAKE sure whoever hones your block knows how to hone alum blocks, thats the main thing to worry about. Other than that you need to deal with the lash growing and thats it.

what heads do you want to use?

Yes! The voice of experience. I love your car!

How streetable is your combo? (I know, loaded question.)

I was looking at CNC ported 440-1 Indy heads. Would the Trickflow 270's even be worth considering?

Last edited by GY3; 04/25/20 10:13 AM.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.