With the steering installed the last thing to do was cover the hole I'd cut in the inner fender. I had access to a donor inner fender from a 57 Dodge and I figured I'd cut an oversize piece of it to make a removable access panel to cover that area. I had originally thought the inner fenders would have been identical but of course they are just slightly different. I'm not sure if the difference was because one was Dodge and the other Plymouth or if they used different inner fenders between PS and Manual steering cars. Anyway I welded the piece I cut out of the Plymouth inner fender to the piece from the Dodge sprayed on some undercoating and bolted it together. It actually looks pretty decent (meaning unnoticeable....... especially with the tire back on LOL).

I've had a chance to put a few miles on my 57 since I complete the installation. In my opinion it was well worth the cost and work to installing it. I've driven several Forward Look cars with factory power steering over the years the road feel of the new steering gear is far nicer than the original PS. Don't get me wrong it does not make the car feel like a sports car.......but it now has the feel of the later 60s era power steering cars.

PS 12.jpg

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears) under construction