Engine was built at a re builders by the previous owner. It has a little piston slap when cold but I was told by a few people that its not abnormal with speed pro pistons.

With the PCV valve out it does have some blow by, not enough to cause any leaks or major issues but enough I'm not happy. Power seems to be marginal to me as well, I expected a bit more for the butt dyno from a 440.

Engine specs: 440 with edelbrock performer rpm heads, rpm air gap intake, TTI headers, Hughes cam 2832BL, .030 H143 CP hypereutectic pistons, firecore distributor. 3310 Holley carb.

Car runs well but pig rich at idle and has decided to ping randomly at WOT. No intake leaks I can find, doesn't seem to use any oil either. Same fuel I've always used, best available is 91 octane or 94 with ethanol. So I ran a compression test tonight, all plugs out, full charge on the battery and carb wide open. Had to due it cold or I'd have 3rd degree burns from the headers.

All holes where dry

1: 175psi
2: 190psi
3: 180 psi
4: 190psi
5: 160psi
6: 200psi
7: 150 psi
8: 200psi

Going to try a bit of oil in # 7 &5 and see what it shows tomorrow. 200 psi seems a little high doesn't it? Wondering if I have some major carbon build up or valve/cam issues? Going to look inside with a borescope as well to see how things look. The plugs are really black so I though my valley pan could also be sucking oil and be the cause for my sudden and random pinging issue.

Opinions?