Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Those smaller batteries can tuck in some of the tighter areas. I didn't think about putting it closer to the starter.

Dyno - Can you fill that crack with some melted plastic? If you can, I would drill a hole on the ends of the crack so it won't keep cracking, then try to fill that and the crack with some hot black plastic. Looks like a ton of nastiness in that old battery of yours!

What is everyone doing with the old acid and lead plates from the batteries you cut open?

I'll do something to address it for sure. Epoxy, Gorilla Glue, some sorta something. Doesn't have to be water/acid tight or structural. All for appearance, and completely covered on the sides by the Thermoguard. I'll find something that will work.

Yes, fairly messy in there, though I've managed to do it fairly neatly from a work area point of view. I have a 5 gal. bucket with a heavy mil contracor garbage bag that all the contents are going into. Our county has hazardous waste collection days 3 or 4 times a year, and they take car batteries. So I'm going to give it to them.

I love the lithium battery upgrade. But knowing how hot they get in computers and phones, I worry about one in a hot engine compartment. Unlike a modern hybrid or BEV, where the battery is liquid cooled and computer monitored, mine will just have a 40 year old plastic Thermogruard with airflow through the core support around the repro case. Almost wondering if I should leave the hole in the side of the case!

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba