I use to race a 1969 Dart GTS 383 car that still had the original bigger torsion bars in it when I raced it with a 440 and 727, it had a good 8 inch race converter and 3.91 to 1 gears with 28.0 inch tall slicks. I played around with different things including moving the leaf springs into the sub frame, the car had the rear 1/4 panels butcher up pretty badly before I got so I had them straighten up and repainted the car before running it. When I had the leaf springs move in I also replaced the original springs with the Mopar SS 002 and 003 A body springs which help the 60 ft. and reaction times a bunch up I also bought and install a set of Competition Engineering front drag racing shocks that had 90/10, 80/20 and 70/30 adjustments on them, I took the original front shocks and drill and drain them and put them in the race car trailer to do some A,B,A testing at the track some time. I was finally able to do that at one of the early, pre 2005, MATS races. I made 3 or 4 runs with the Comp Engr. shocks on the car on Thursday and Friday, I swap the drilled shock on before making another run and ended up laughing so hard after letting off at the finish line due to the car acting like a low rider bouncing the front end up and down haha The car did run a tiny bit quicker with the drilled shocks on compared to the Comp Engr. shocks set at 90/10 but I couldn't stand the porpoising so I changed one side(left front I think) to the Comp Engr to stop the bouncing, which worked fine up
That car wasn't very fast, I think it ran a best of 11.17 at 122 MPH in the 1/4 at that race but I could go rounds in it and win some races thumbs
Test, test and test some more to learn as much as you can, good or bad thumbs twocents

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/13/20 01:46 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)