I have bought over 30 different properties , bare land, cabins, and houses and a third were bought out of state. If you know construction and have good common sense, you can buy them from the owner pretty easy. I call a local lawyer and he does the recording and transfer of the deed for a couple hundred bucks and I don't even meet the sellers. For instance, the last 2 transactions, I had a small house in a 55+ RV community in south Texas. Put it on Zillow, and a buyer from Branson, MO saw it online, he drove down and I had a neighbor unlock it, he liked it, we agreed on a price. He sent me a deposit for $2000. I called a local lawyer, he charged $250 to record the deed. I sighed and sent him the deed and his fee and the buyer wired the money into my account. When I received it, I told the lawyer to record it. Never even met him. Everybody is protected and I don't pay 7% realtor fees. The last purchase was to buy a house in a 55+ community in Phoenix, AZ. Saw a house online, Golf at 55, called the agent, signed a purchase agreement online using DOC u sign. Have 10 days for inspection. Flew out the same day that I had the inspections. Met the realtor. House was fine. Flew home next day. 3 weeks later, Title company sent out to my house in Texas, a portable notary, couple days later we had the house. Never met the sellers! I have found that most realtors are not all that helpful if you know the buying and selling process. If you are newbys, then try to find a GOOD realtor.