I live in Fl and we bought a house in WV. We found it on Zillow. We had been up here several times looking at places we had found on line. I would recommend finding a good realtor and sticking with them. Ours was awesome, she would even go out and preview properties for us and send us videos so we would know if it was worth coming up to look at. The place we finally ended up buying is 10 miles into the woods on a private road. We have two neighbors, one before our place and one after. They are real friendly folk and they keep an eye on the place for us but really, no one comes down this road. I also hired a handyman to check on the place once a month to make sure nothing happened like a plumbing, or roof leak. He charged $50/ month as it was over an hours drive for him. Which pretty much everything is an hours drive around here. Lol. Did all the financing and paper work on line and only came up for the closing. Your realtor is the key here, I can't say enough about how great ours was.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.