I am contemplating building a garage at the house as I cannot find one (that I like, anyway)that already has the extra shop included. I am building them "online" to get an idea of what it would cost, a metal building, and trying to keep costs down. I'll have to add concrete, dirt, and electric so I am looking at an $800 savings by going with an 11' high side wall vs. 12'. Below is some pics of what I designed, the roof line gets higher the farther to the center you go. I am not sure what the roof pitch is and it doesn't say anywhere. I am guessing about 3:1? Will the 11' high sidewalls be enough to get a car on the lift without it hitting the roof support structure, which I think rises with the roof line (I will ask this along with roof pitch)?

Second question is insulation. For them to have 2" fiberglass insulation (roof and sides), there is an extra charge of $5,000. 2" of fiberglass doesn't even sound like a lot and I was thinking spray foam would be way better but at what cost? The building is 30'w X 35'd X 11' high. The garage doors are 10'h X 8'w roll up. Even if the spray foam costs the same, I believe it would be much better than 2" of fiberglass?

Ok, found out roof pitch is 3 /12. Roof structure does rise with the roof and the metal frame is 2 3/4" sq. tubing

bldg1.pngbldg2.png
Last edited by roadrunninMark; 04/06/20 03:04 PM. Reason: additional info