Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
That boat looks like a SeaRay which I also own.. they are a heavier boat... when it comes to
tires on any of my trailers I never cheap out.. a hundred bucks is cheap.. just think what
can happen if you blow a tire.. and dont run 70 MPH.. I run 55-60 on the E-way.. so what if it
takes 10 minutes more to get there
wave

Yes it's a Sea Ray 225 now with a new 5.7 liter motor. I had to move the boat/trailer and needed at least one new tire as it came apart. With the size I needed 215/75-14 there were limited choices so I went with trailer specific 6-ply rating tires and thought I would change them myself but ran into a time crunch as it was supposed to rain again the next day. I have been wanting to get a basic bubble balancer as I've used them in the past with pretty acceptable results so I think I'll do that with $60 I save just getting them changed and not balanced. As you stated I know that I will be towing at the 55-60 speeds as you said for safety reasons and my '85 E350 van has a 4.10 rear (Dana) and a 6.9 liter diesel and is humming up in rpm there anyway laugh2

Now do you guys think a bubble balancer will be good enough for "ballpark" balancing 60 mph towing speed trailer tires?

Resized_20180929_175851_464.jpeg