I have our boat stored in our (farmer) neighbor's pole barn and he asked if I could move it so he could get his plow and roller out. He told me that two of the trailer's tires were flat, which I knew, and in bad shape which I also knew. The trailer tires on the left/port side were old recaps and I've been wanting to replace since I got the boat so I ordered four new trailer 6-ply rating trailer specific new tires. Attempted to break the bead of one of them with no luck so I had to resign to having a tire dealer locally change them. Called a dealer in town and they wanted $25 each which included balancing and new valve stems. shock Didn't want to spend a hundred bucks to change four trailer tires so I was about to head off and find a cheap tire bead breaker for $59 and give that a try, I have changed many a car and truck tire by hand even with small 8" motorcycle tire levers if I could break the beads.

Before I set off for the bead breaker I thought that I would call one more place and a good guy Nate at the tire place in the next town said he would change the trailer tires for $10 each which total was cheaper than the bead breaker and the longer drive over and back from the store that had the breaker for $59. Now this is what I have a question about, Nate said the $10 included R&R of the tires and NEW valve stems but they never balance trailer tires and they don't need to be balanced confused shruggy The wheels on the trailer are alloy wheels not steel and they had balance weights on two of the four?

We're going to tow the boat this year to a public boat launch this year instead of the local Lake Erie marina that we had a dock so now there will be about 15 to 20 miles of 55 MPH highway driving on a 70 MPH speed limit road, What do you think will I have a problem with not having the tires balanced ?? Can I tell from the truck if the trailer tires are out of balance? If we go boating this year it may only add up to 200 to 400 towing miles so even if all of the trailer tires are out of balance would it damage the tires badly? Thanks In Advance (TIA).

20200404_185151_resizedcrplt.jpg