Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by jcc
I agree your suggestion is reasonable, I just disagree.

And to be clear, I would not want distract anyone from another's serious in progress 911 call.
Disagree with what then?

This:

"Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I can tell you landlines VERY seldom display the wrong information, but if you want to test yours, call the NON emergency dispatch number for your jurisdiction and ask first. That makes sense, doesn't it?"

Not to me. Seems you agree the information can be wrong, and if your kid is the one in 50,000,000,000? that is calling and they have has the wrong info, its worth it.
Additionally, in the time it takes to get "permission ( from who, since its never known who will actually answer the 911 test call), numerous real emergency calls can call in, so no matter what you get permission for things can change nearly instantly.

Yes the operators can often have to deal with intense stressful situations, they are supposed to train for that, they are also supposed to be able "triage" a call, so most here I would think would not be put off if when making a concise clear request in a declared non emergency situation with the need to verify a correct address, etc information, they dumped your call.

I remember back in the 70's when applying for a permit for a concert in the City of Miami city building permit office, adjoining departments got in a big argument that stopped the permit process, because I had the "wrong" address, it was at the Orange Bowl, which took up and entire city block, and had four different addresses, one of which I was using..

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.