Originally Posted by moparx
that is a valid perspective, as MANY areas across the country have identical street/road names [the spelling may be different] with the same location numbers [or no numbers at all] attached to them, causing dispatchers to send help to the wrong address.
this has happened somewhat frequently around here, sometimes with disastrous results.
for many years now, it has been directed time and again that all locations update their addresses, but not all have complied as of yet, leading to mistakes.
i'm not one who believes 911 should be called for anything other than an actual emergency, but there should be a policy of sorts that could be used to confirm your address is correct in your local EMS data base.
beer

My house was built in 1987. The county issues an address to the builder per permit.

I live, physical, between 341st street and 340th street. My address was 33801 XX Ave SE meaning I was in the 338the block just off the corner of 338th. For 30 years no one could Google Map/GPS our house due to being 2 blocks too far north. Then the County, only for #911 reasons, they changed our address and we had to jump thru hoops getting everything changed to 34001 XX Ave SE.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)