Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I have a friend who was a owner operator for a 18 wheeler that was only hauling here in Oregon for the last 5 yrs before he retired, he told that a lot of the truckers hauling north into OR and or WA will get off I5 at Weed and take 97 north to the 58 and take that into Eugene area to miss going over the pass on I5 into Ashland and Medford work Maybe a good option in the future going south also thumbsscope

Agree, far better road wise. Weed to Medford can be nasty in the winter. On another note the reason I like 93 is I traveled from Yakima. Easy for me to hit I-84 from I-82 then south to PostFalls then south on the 93. 93 for the most part is nice road, not traveled as much by the big trucks. From Vegas it’s easy to run up the 93 to I-84 then on to Portland. Of course, again, not the best route in the winter. Really have to watch the weather. Those Sierra Nevada storms move real fast. Same holds true for the storms off the Rockies.

Thanks all!
They left 9:30am and are on their way. Have a hotel outside Reno tonight then finish off the rest tomorrow.

1969-1/2 A12 LOH Road Runner A4 w/ M6S
13.34 at 104 PSMCDR 9/06 in Mopar Action 8/07
12.95 at 105.94 F.A.S.T. 11/06