I'm freshening up the 392 Hemi for my hotrod and my head guy suggested that some people are having good experiences with conical valve springs. Not the same as beehive. But he does not have any first-hand experience with them yet. So I'm seeking feedback on them to help me decide whether I should make the switch. I don't like being a guinea pig, but if they are proven, and are right for my application, I would do it to get the benefits. This motor has a 700 lift roller cam and I was previously reving it to about 7200 RPM. I'd like to up the RPM a bit, trying for more horsepower. I'm considering a more aggressive cam lobe.
Currently it has titanium intake and stainless exhaust valves and steel retainers. I'm thinking of switching to titanium exhaust valves and titanium retainers and conical springs to try and get the RPM capability of the valve train up to at least eight thousand.

What advice do you guys have for me on this? Does anybody besides Comp cams make a conical spring? Thanks, Joel

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"