Originally Posted by Moparmal
Originally Posted by csk
Originally Posted by Moparmal
67 Plymouth.

Currently running SS Springs snubber and MP drag shocks - The shock full extension is listed as 27.5”.

Id like to change to an adjustable shock - but most only offer around 24” total extension

Question - do I need the extension that the MP shock offers, or will I be OK with 9 way Calverts to obtain the dynamic lift required to plant the tires?

It is not recommended to use a pinion snubber with SS springs, it defeats the purpose & action of the SS springs.

I’d heard this but I can’t see how?

The SS Spring’s shorter segment reduces pinion wrap - so a snubber may not work as well as with full segment springs....but I cant see how a snubber prevents the SS spring from working?

You can't see what doesn't work, take the snubber off at the track after several runs and see if your car slows down or speeds up wrench scope
Do you think the old(pre 1980) Mopar factory engineers would lie to us users about this work
They didn't and wouldn't.
I had tried that test before hearing about it at one of their drag race seminars in 1975 or 1976, the snubbers don't help with SS springs, remove it and lose some weight up scope
Then try adding clamps onto the front half of the SS springs every where you can above every leaf spring segments where it hooks to the main leaf up wrench up Can you say wheelie devil thumbs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)