Originally Posted by RSI700VIPER
I'll back off initial a few degrees and see what happens. I dont have a dwell meter, but I was very, VERY careful setting point gaps. Even if I had a dwell meter, how to you check with dual points?
OBTW THESE F-ING POP UPS ARE KILLING ME. IM USING MY DROID TO POST AND IM TYPING IN THE BLIND BECAUSE THE ADS ARE COMPLETELY COVERING MY SCREEN!!!

You set the dwell individually by blocking one set of points open with a piece of cardboard and setting the opposite set. Reverse the procedure for the other set. If I remember correctly there is a different dwell setting on dual points. For what its worth when I went to a Sun tool class we set distributors up using a feeler gauge as well as the dwell. Man that was a long time ago. As I recall you made changes on the settings to lessen the arc scatter. As cams wear along with bushings there is a lot more wiggle room on adjustment. Do as you said recheck the points and pull a little initial base timing out. Two degrees at a time. Have you tried different fuels? What octane are you running? No need to over think whats going on.

Last edited by NITROUSN; 02/25/20 12:23 PM.