To many moving parts in this ordeal to feel good about.

One guy I know bought a rolling backhalf car that supposedly ran high 10's. He stuck his motor in the car and ran the car 1 day. It drove all over the place and after checking things out realized it was a total pile of crap. Ended up pulling the parts he could and scrapped the chassis to build another.

Second guy I know bought a tube chassis car, I don't think it was certified (big mistake). Car looked great, nice welds, everything, but when he went get it certified the roll cage tubing was to thin. Ended up having to cut the entire cage out and redo to get it to pass cert.

Another guy bought a turn key car that had a known noise in the engine. He bought it what he thought was a "fair" price. Engine ended up having 4 pistons installed backwards, wheel bears were never greased, no cotter pins in anything. When he drilled the rear end housing for a vent, gear oil came out the top as they had filled it completely full.

The ONLY way I'd buy al car is if it's what I considered a fair price and I would still go over EVERYTHING to assure it is done correctly.