In my case, it's all about location. The Kootenays is the land that time forgot. If it's not a Camaro, Chevelle, Nova or jacked up pickup - it's worthless to these backwoods hicks. Tried selling my 45,000 mile AMC Hornet hatchback locally a few years ago. Hardly a peep from anyone, but did get a few retreads stopping by to tell me it has a Chevy engine and a Saginaw automatic. rolleyes It eventually sold on the internet to a guy in Edmonton. He never even came to look. Sent me a check and when the check cleared, he lined up a rollback and away the car went.

My T-top Daytona I've been trying to unload for a couple years. Been asking about 5k. Best local offer I got was $900. (I paid $1250 when it still had a blown head gasket and bad brakes!) I've gone through everything, rebuilt the front end, put new tires on, even had the OE wheels restored. Yup. $900. I'll just keep it. But the people who know what it is want it, they just live in New Jersey or Florida.

The internet has been my saving grace, really. The hardest part is finding that one person who doesn't mind or care about the distance/traveling bit.

Last edited by RamblerMan; 02/17/20 02:37 PM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....